WWE taped this week’s edition of Main Event and SmackDown, the final taping before Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view, at the Wright State University’s Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday night.
– Zack Ryder def. Fandango in a match held prior to the start of the television tapings for the live crowd in Dayton, Ohio.
WWE Main Event
– Mark Henry & Jack Swagger def. The Ascension in tag-team action to kick off the taping for this week’s WWE Main Event.
– Neville def. Tyler Breeze in singles action. The match was said to be one that the fans in Dayton were really into as it was happening live. In the end, “The Man That Gravity Forgot” was too much for the recent main roster call-up.
– Curtis Axel & Heath Slater def. The Dudley Boyz in the last of three matches taped for Main Event.
– Chris Jericho kicks off the Royal Rumble “go-home” edition of SmackDown with a promo hyping up this Sunday’s pay-per-view. The New Day end up coming out and once again they pay tribute to Francesca The Trombone. The segment ends up leading to a tag-team match with Dolph Ziggler teaming up with The Usos to take on Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods and Big E.
– Dolph Ziggler & The Usos def. The New Day in a six-man tag-team match that was given some time. The finish saw Ziggler and The Usos hit a triple-superkick for the pinfall victory.
– Becky Lynch def. Alicia Fox in Divas action with her submission finisher. Charlotte and Ric Flair sat in on commentary during the match as a way of promoting Sunday’s Divas title match at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view between Charlotte and Lynch.
– Miz TV with special guests Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose featured the two talking about their Last Man Standing Match coming up at this Sunday’s pay-per-view. To close out the segment, Ambrose laid out The Miz and Owens followed up by hitting him with his Pop-Up Powerbomb finisher.
– Bray Wyatt def. Ryback in one-on-one competition in the third match taped for SmackDown.
– Titus O’Neil def. Stardust in singles action.
– Roman Reigns def. Rusev, Sheamus, King Barrett and Alberto Del Rio in a four-on-one handicap match via disqualification. The Usos ended up coming down to make things a bit more even against The League Of Nation members until the lights went out and when they came back on, The Wyatt Family was surrounding the ring. They laid out Reigns to end this week’s SmackDown.
- CM Punk Comments On Plans For His UFC Debut & MMA Fans Doubting Him