WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels was a recent guest on the Challenge Mania podcast where the Heartbreak Kid talked in depth about his last in-ring appearance at the Saudi Arabia event Crown Jewel back in November. Michaels admits that he has zero regrets working the match, but clarifies that he never considered the event to be anything more than a glorified house show.
No, there are no regrets. So again, honestly, and no one will ever believe me but I’ll tell you anyway, but honestly, again, it’s not a WrestleMania, it’s not a this… to me it wasn’t coming back as the Heartbreak Kid. It was a tag match. I know that’s not the same and I know nobody will understand it, but in my mind, it was like a glorified house show live event. I don’t mean that to be intellectually insulting to the wrestling fan but in my mind, it was not the same.
Michaels would continue, describing his participation in the show as a favor.
I got asked. It was almost like, as a favor. And again, Hunter and I did the DX thing, a tag match. It felt like a totally separate entity than the other and that’s why I felt okay doing it, and the thing is, none of this was… it was done with the intent of it being a nice little fun thing to do. I can’t say that it turned out to be all that fun. It was okay and it was great being out there with those guys but again, it was just one of those things that you sorta do because you’re a company dude and you go, ‘Oh alright, I’ll do this’ and it’s separate and all that.
You can listen to the full podcast here. (H/T Fightful)
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom
Recent Related Headlines* 4 WWE Superstars Get Married In 2 Wedding Ceremonies This Week (Photos)
* Report: Name For Weekly AEW On TNT TV Show Revealed
* Another New WWE Couple Confirmed As Superstar Shares First Public Photo
* What Is Up With Sasha Banks & AEW? Latest Update Here
* Check Out New Photos Of Sasha Banks In Sexy Swimwear
* Longtime Important WWE Behind-The-Scenes Figure Headed To AEW?
* Top WWE Superstar Expected To Be Out Of Action For A Year